Moisture-Curing Polyurethane (MCPU) Canister Adhesive for bonding insulation materials to a VCL or substrate.
|Temperature Resistance||-30 to +150||ºC|| |
|Application temperature||+5 to +30||ºC||-|
|Environnement||Solvent-Free / Non-Flammable / Hazardous||-||-|
Standards & Certification
DANOTHERM significantly exceeds independent standards for resistance to wind uplift. The adhesive has been rigorously and independently tested, using EN 1991-1-4 guidelines where it achieved a resistance figure of -5500Pa. Typical wind uplift pressure goes from -1000Pa to -2000Pa.
Adhesive suitable and intended for insulation boards in flat roofing, new buildings or refurbishment Works. Application recommended on less than 45 degrees slope roofs.
-Timber and Plywood
- Concrete, Blockwork & Screeds
- Built up Felt (APP & SBS)
- PVC Single Ply Membranes
- Metal Lined Bituminous Vapour Control Layers
- Galvanised Steel
|Product Code ||320042||-|
Advantages and Benefits
-DANOTHERM is 5x faster to apply than a standard hand bead-applied moisture curing PU adhesive due to the pressurised canister system.
-DANOTHERM covers up to one square metre of insulation board in 2-3 seconds, whereas it can take up to 10 seconds with a standard adhesive.
-DANOTHERM is compatible with a variety of insulation boards, including EPS, XPS and PIR (tissue and foil-faced) because it is a solvent-free system.
-Unlike many other canisters on the market, DANOTHERM contains non-flammable gas, which has benefits for use onsite and storage (ADR regulations).
Traditional Adhesive vs DANOTHERM
Instruction for use
1. Ensure vapour control / barrier layer (or other roof component / substrate) is dry and clean from grease, dirt and other contaminants before applying adhesive.
2. Set up the Canister DANOTHERM as instructed, attaching the appropriate tooling.
3. Ensure the Canister DANOTHERM is applying a bead of adhesive approximately 20-40mm wide.
4. Apply beads at 150mm centres in corner zones, 200mm centres in perimeter zones and 300mm centres in the remaining area.
5. Immediately place the insulation boards directly into the Canister DANOTHERM adhesive.
6. Apply pressure to the insulation board to ensure full contact with the adhesive.
7. Allow to cure before weatherproofing the board.
Canister Set-up Guide:
1. Remove the black cap from the canister valve.
2. Attach the braided-hose to the canister valve, using the small nut (image 1). Tighten with a spanner.
3. Attach the other end of the braided-hose to the gun-applicator using the large nut (image 2). Tighten with a spanner.
4. Fully open the valve on the canister.
5. Pull the trigger on the gun-applicator to apply the adhesive.
6. Adjust the bead width by turning the black valve on the gun-applicator anti-clockwise until you have a bead width of approximately 20-40mm (image 3).
Important Note:Set-up your DANOTHERM canister adhesive correctly before use to ensure the best possible performance and to avoid leakage or system failure.
Indications and Important Recommendations
- Some insulation adhesives developed to compensate for uneven roof deck can cause the insulation board to rise, which can lead to the costly and timely re-work of the roof.
- DANOTHERM foams sufficiently to compensate for undulations, whilst its adhesive properties ensure that the insulation board stays flat.
- It does not continue to rise once the board has been laid. This reduces the need for continual consolidation and re-work.
- Coverage: The stated coverage is dependent on viscosity and other variables. Porous / uneven substrates may require a primer, before applying adhesive. Coverage rates will reduce on uneven surfaces.
- Open-Time and Cure-Time: All information is provided as a guideline. Cure-time and open-time are dependent on a range of variables, such as temperature, substrate being bonded, the method of application and the weight of product applied. We highly recommend adhesion tests, conducted at the beggining of any project.
- Temperature and Timings: All information represent normal working conditions and is provided as a guideline only. However, please contact our technical team if you wish to operate outside of these parameters.
- Use this system in contact with absorbent materials can increase the consumption of product per square metre. If you use mineral wool as insulation material, it is estimated that consumption will increase by 30%, compared rigid insulation panels (XPS/PIR/EPS).
Maintaining your DANOTHERM, canister adhesive.
1. Once work has been completed, ensure the valve on the canister remains open (image 4). Failure to do this may cause the adhesive to block the hose.
2. Turn the gun-applicator off by turning the black valve clockwise until it is fully closed.
3. Clean the end of the gun-applicator with a solvent, using a nylon brush to ensure that the aperture is clear.
4. Once the canister in use is empty, the hose can be transferred to a new canister.
5. The canister and gun-applicator will remain usable for one month after opening. If you do not intend to use the system within this time the adhesive in the hose and gun-applicator should be renewed by purging approx. 250ml of adhesive through the system every month.
Handling, Storage and Conservation
- It is advisable to keep the product DANOTHERM in a protected place from frost and at temperatures ranging from 5° C to 30° C .
- Product expiration: 12 months from production date.
- Keep DANOTHERM away from sources of ignition. Have within reach fire extinguisher.
- Comply with usual precautions in chemicals products use.
- Store in the original container, closed securely and at room temperature.
- Do not leave open container when stop using.
- In any case, must be taken into account safety and hygiene standards at work, as well as good practice standards in construction.
- Canisters can be disposed of as scrap metal, when depressurised and emptied, in accordance with the European Waste Directive.
- Danosa recommends consulting the product safety data sheet which is permanently available at www.danosa.com, or can be requested in writing to our Technical Department.
The information contained in this document and any other advice provided, are given in good faith, based on DANOSA's current knowledge and experience when products are properly stored, handled and applied, in normal situations and in accordance with the recommendations of DANOSA. The information applies only to the application (s) and the product (s) to which reference is expressly made. In case of changes in the parameters of the application, or in case of a different application, consult the DANOSA Technical Service before using the DANOSA products. The information contained herein does not exonerate the responsibility of the building agents to test the products for the application and intended use, as well as their correct application in accordance with current legal regulations. The product images used in our communications are indicative and may differ slightly in color and aesthetic appearance in relation to the final product.
Orders are accepted in accordance with the terms of our current General Sales Conditions.
DANOSA reserves the right to modify, without prior notice, the data reflected in this documentation.
Website: www.danosa.com E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: +34 949 88 82 10