Self-adhesive Tape SELF-DAN 15cm is a waterproofing bituminous tape, 15 cm wide, with metallic self-protection (1.2 kg/m²). Composed of a SBS modified bitumen mastic, using as protective material on the upper side of the sheet aluminium foil (60 micron) in grey colour. The anti-adherent material used on the lower side is polyethylene film.
Used for small leaks, chimneys, in carpentry, etc.
Addtitional Technical Data
|ADDITIONAL DATA ||VALUE||UNIT||STANDARD|
|Mass per unit area (nominal)||1.2||kg/m²||-|
Membranes thickness tolerance: = -0,3 mm, apart from membranes with thickness 2 and 2,4 mm whose tolerance is =-0,2 mm.
Membranes mass per unit area tolerance: -5% (mini) and +10% (maxi) from nominal value.
|Environmental Information||Declared Value||Units||Norm|
|Pre-consumer Recycled Content||0||%||-|
|Post-consumer Recycled Content||35||%||-|
|Manufacturing Location||Fontanar, Guadalajara (España)||-||-|
|Volatile organic compounds (VOCs)||50 (A+)*||µg/m3||ISO 16000-6:2006|
Self-adhesive Tape SELF-DAN 15cm is used for many types of repair:
- Used to seal around chimneys, outlets, penetrations gutters in any location where a waterproofing seal is required.
- Can also be used around skylights, and exposed timber, cracks and fissures in copings and other construction elements.
- Sealing hips, valleys, eaves, and exposed roof edges.
- Can be used to seal around the passage of air and / or water in all types of construction elements, partitions, drywall laminates, fences, doors, windows, vents, construction joints, etc.
- Sealing of thermal insulations boards.
-Sealing of slopes and overlaps.
- aluminium foil (60 micron)
- SBS modified bitumen
- anti-adherent material
Advantages and Benefits
- Totally impervious to moisture, water and water vapor.
- Has a high degree of flexibility to accommodate most construction details.
- Weather resistance at both low and high temperatures.
- UV resistant.- Has strong adhesion on different types of substrates, such as concrete, cement, metal, tiles, thermal insulations boards (PIR, PUR, EPS, XPS, torchable mineral wool and other torchable thermal insulations boards).
- Available in a range of colors for different applications.
- Easy and quick installation, as no torch is necessary.
Instruction for use
- The base surface must be clean, dry and free of debris to provide maximum adhesion.
- A bituminous primer may be needed depending upon the condition of the substrate. We recommend Curidan, Impridan 100, Maxdan or Maxdan Caucho.
- In case of non-porous substrates we recommend that a test application is made to ensure correct adhesion.
- In case of thermal insulations boards a primer is not necessary.
-For ease of installation, it is recommended to cut rolls into smaller and more manageable size.
-Remove the release liner and install whilst applying pressure onto the surface. Start from the center and spread to the outside edges.
- The use of a roller is recommended to improve adhesion.
Indications and Important Recommendations
- It is recommended to have the surface pretreated with a primer (Curidán, Impridán 100, Maxdán o Maxdán Caucho).
- External and support temperature should be checked before applying the product. It may be difficult to apply Self-adhesive Tape SELF-DAN 15cm below 5 ºC.
- External and support humidity should be checked before applying the product.
Handling, Storage and Conservation
- This product is not toxic or flammable.
- It must be stored dry and protected from rain, sun, heat and low temperatures.
- It must be stored upright.
- Don’t store two pallets high.
- You must use the oldest batch of products first.
- No waterproofing works should be performed when weather conditions may be unsuitable. These include snow or ice on the roof, heavy rain, moisture, when there are strong winds.
- In all cases, the rules of health and safety at work and the rules of good construction practice should be considered.
- To store in racking at height the shelves must have three stringers or beams under the wooden pallet.
- Before handling the pallet you must check the status of the pallet and reinforce if necessary.
- If you are using a crane for handling purposes, you must ensure protection for others as stated on our packaging.
- Danosa advise you to consult the MSDS for this product which is available at www.danosa.com or may be obtained by writing to our Technical Department.
The information contained in this document and any other advice provided, are given in good faith, based on DANOSA's current knowledge and experience when products are properly stored, handled and applied, in normal situations and in accordance with the recommendations of DANOSA. The information applies only to the application (s) and the product (s) to which reference is expressly made. In case of changes in the parameters of the application, or in case of a different application, consult the DANOSA Technical Service before using the DANOSA products. The information contained herein does not exonerate the responsibility of the building agents to test the products for the application and intended use, as well as their correct application in accordance with current legal regulations. The product images used in our communications are indicative and may differ slightly in color and aesthetic appearance in relation to the final product.
Orders are accepted in accordance with the terms of our current General Sales Conditions.
DANOSA reserves the right to modify, without prior notice, the data reflected in this documentation.
Website: www.danosa.com E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: +34 949 88 82 10