SELF-DAN AL 100 is a self-adhesive membrane manufactured with bituminous selected mastic modified with high performance SBS polymers, this will provide self-healing properties, easy application and great durability.
As a top layer it has a an aluminum foil of 60/1000 mm natural color. At the bottom side it has a releasable film.
|External fire performance||PND||-||UNE-EN 1187;UNE-EN 13501-5|
|Reaction to fire||E||-||UNE-EN 11925-2; UNE-EN 13501-1|
|Longitudinal tensile strength||200 ± 100||N/5cm||UNE-EN 12311-1|
|Transversal tensile strength||200 ± 100||N/5cm||UNE-EN 12311-1|
|Longitudinal elongation at break||PND||%||UNE-EN 12311-1|
|Transversal elongation at break||PND||%||UNE-EN 12311-1|
|Resistance to root penetration||No Pasa||-||EN 13984|
|Resistance to static loading||PND||kg||UNE-EN 12730|
|Resistance to impact||PND||mm||UNE-EN 12691|
|Longitudinal resistance to tearing (nail shank)||PND||N||UNE-EN 12310-1|
|Transversal resistance to tearing (nail shank)||PND||N||UNE-EN 12310-1|
|Joint strength: peel resistance ||PND||-||UNE-EN 12316-1|
|Joint strength: shear resistance||200 ± 100||-||UNE-EN 12317-1|
|Flexibility at low temperature||< -15||ºC||UNE-EN 1109|
|Humidity resistance factor||20000||-||EN 1931|
Addtitional Technical Data
|ADDITIONAL DATA ||VALUE||UNIT||STANDARD|
|Mass per unit area (nominal)||1,2||kg/m²||-|
|Flow resistance at elevated temperature||>70||ºC||UN-EN 1110|
|Dimensional stability at elevated temperature (longitudinal)||PND||%||UNE-EN 1107-1|
|Dimensional stability at elevated temperature (transversal)||PND||%||UNE-EN 1107-1|
|Adhesion of granules||PND||%||UNE-EN 12039|
Membranes thickness tolerance: = -0,3 mm, apart from membranes with thickness 2 and 2,4 mm whose tolerance is =-0,2 mm.
Membranes mass per unit area tolerance: -5% (mini) and +10% (maxi) from nominal value.
|Environmental Information||Declared Value||Units||Norm|
|Pre-consumer Recycled Content||0||%||-|
|Post-consumer Recycled Content||35||%||-|
|Manufacturing Location||Fontanar, Guadalajara (España)||-||-|
|Volatile organic compounds (VOCs)||50 (A+)*||µg/m3||ISO 16000-6:2006|
|Radon diffusion coefficient||< 1.0, Exp -13||m²/s||ISO/DTS 11665-13 |
Standards & Certification
UNE EN 13707.
UNE EN 13969.
- Vapor Control Layer.
- Radon gas Control Layer.
|Rolls per pallet||42||rolls|
|Product Code||205017 Natural||-|
- aluminium foil (60 micron)
- SBS modified bitumen
- anti-adherent material
Advantages and Benefits
- Watertightness: Great resistance to hydrostatic head.
- Elastic behavior (memory).
- Self-Healing properties, minor perforation will automatically heal.
- Application at room temperature (application > 10ºC).
- Easy and fast application, no torch is necessary.
- Easy to apply at complex geometries.
- Total flexibility of the material, and perfect accommodation to the support.
- Controlled thickness in factory ensuring constant error-free site application.
- Great productivity in the installation.
- Excellent adhesion to the support.
- Easy to repair in case of accidental damage.
- Preserve its properties in long term due to SBS compound.
- High durability of the waterproofing due to the SBS elastomer compound of the membrane.
- Prestige product from European Manufacturer following European and American Standards.
Instruction for use
- Concrete must be dry, clean and free from sharp projections such as nail heads and concrete nibs.
- Remove all surface imperfections, protrusions, cavities, structurally unsound and friable concrete and repair with a suitable repair mortar.
- Remove contaminants such as grease, oil, dust, dirt, loose stones, debris and wax from exposed concrete.
- Concrete must be properly dried (minimum 7 days for normal structural concrete and 14 days for lightweight structural concrete).
- Substrate should be prepared using a primer either IMPRIDAN 100, CURIDAN, MAXDAN or MAXDAN CAUCHO, at the recommended rate (approximately 0,200-0,300 kg/m2) prior to installation of SELF-DAN AL 100.
- Primer should be dry before the application of the membrane. Drying time depends of the temperature and humidity.
- Start the installation of all membrane plies from the low point or drains, so the flow of water is over or parallel to the plies, but never against the laps. All overlaps at the membrane seams shall be installed so as to have "up" slope laps over "down" slope laps.
- Begin membrane application by unrolling the roll of SELF-DAN AL 100 membrane and aligning the side laps. Re-roll the roll halfway and hold on the unrolled portion to prevent shifting.
SELF-DAN AL 100 is achieved by removal of the backing release film while unrolling the membrane onto the substrate with side laps of 60 mm and end laps of 80 mm. The full work sequence should be as follows.
- Roll the bitumen membrane into position and cut to length.
- Roll back the membrane for a portion of its length (approximately 50%).
- Carefully cut across the backing release film and peel the film off the roll.
- Peel the leading edge of the backing film up and tuck it under the roll to enable release of the remainder when unreeling.
- Roll the membrane forward, pressing downward and outward, ensuring that no air pockets are trapped.
- Roll back the other portion of the membrane to the leading edge of release film.
- Peel the remainder of the film away while pushing the roll forward, pressing downward and outward, ensuring that no air pockets are trapped.
- On completion, use a soft broom or roller to apply pressure over the total area.
Indications and Important Recommendations
- SELF-DAN AL 100 must be stored in a dry place protected from rain, sun, heat and cold temperatures.
- SELF-DAN AL 100 should not be applied when temperature is below +10º.
- Sun exposure of the product may difficult the removal of the polyethylene non-stick film. In service, maximum temperature should be below 50ºC.
- It is recommended to cover SELF-DAN AL 100 within few hours after application.
Maintenance requirements for Danosa Roofing Products
The following maintenance checks must be adhered to:
- A general examination on the condition of the waterproofing and surrounding roof components.
- An inspection of all functional roofing elements including skylights, outlets, upstands, penetrations and any other visible roofing components.
- Clean outlets, drains, gutters and remove any debris from the roof.
- Periodic removal of mildew, moss, herbs or any other kind of vegetation that has been accumulation on the waterproofing.
- Periodic removal of possible sediments accumulated on the deck (silt, sledges, slate granules, etc) by occasional water accumulation.
- Periodic removal of debris and small objects that may have accumulated on the roof.
- Ensure surrounding structural elements are sound such as eaves, flashings, slate tiles and brickwork.
- Ensure that the waterproofing is in good condition and there are no blisters, damage or separation.
- Review the condition of the waterproofing (adherence to upstands, condition of overlaps, visual appearance, etc) and repair the defects observed.
These operations must be carried out twice a year, preferably at the beginning of spring or autumn and must be increased in case of decks or valleys with zero falls. It is also necessary to perform additional maintenance depending on the type of roof, location and proximity of roofs to areas with trees or in areas with high levels of pollution.
More details on the document Maintenance and repair recommendations for flat roofs waterproofed with modified bitumen sheets
Handling, Storage and Conservation
- This product is not toxic or flammable.
- Will be stored in a dry place protected from rain, sun, hot and cold temperatures.
- Will be stored horizontally.
- Do not be stacked one on another pallet.
- Will be used first come to work.
- No waterproofing works should be performed when weather conditions may be harmful, particularly when it is snowing or there is snow or ice on the deck when the cover is rain or wet surface moisture> 8% as QAT NTE or strong wind.
- SELF-DAN AL 100 may not be installed when the ambient temperature, the material or medium is less than + 10 º C.
- In cold weather should warm up slightly the bracket with the torch.
- In all cases, be taken into account Health and Safety standards at work, and the rules of good construction practice.
- Danosa should consult the MSDS of this product is available www.danosa.com permanently or can be obtained by writing to our Technical Department.
- For any further clarification, please contact our Technical Department.
- This product is not toxic or flammable.
- It must be stored dry and protected from rain, sun, heat and low temperatures.
- It must be stored upright.
- Don’t store two pallets high.
- You must use the oldest batch of products first.
- No waterproofing works should be performed when weather conditions may be unsuitable. These include snow or ice on the roof, heavy rain, moisture, when there are strong winds.
- In all cases, the rules of health and safety at work and the rules of good construction practice should be considered.
- To store in racking at height the shelves must have three stringers or beams under the wooden pallet.
- Before handling the pallet you must check the status of the pallet and reinforce if necessary.
- If you are using a crane for handling purposes, you must ensure protection for others as stated on our packaging.
- Danosa advise you to consult the MSDS for this product which is available at www.danosa.com or may be obtained by writing to our Technical Department.
The information contained in this document and any other advice provided, are given in good faith, based on DANOSA's current knowledge and experience when products are properly stored, handled and applied, in normal situations and in accordance with the recommendations of DANOSA. The information applies only to the application (s) and the product (s) to which reference is expressly made. In case of changes in the parameters of the application, or in case of a different application, consult the DANOSA Technical Service before using the DANOSA products. The information contained herein does not exonerate the responsibility of the building agents to test the products for the application and intended use, as well as their correct application in accordance with current legal regulations. The product images used in our communications are indicative and may differ slightly in color and aesthetic appearance in relation to the final product.
Orders are accepted in accordance with the terms of our current General Sales Conditions.
DANOSA reserves the right to modify, without prior notice, the data reflected in this documentation.
Website: www.danosa.com E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: +34 949 88 82 10