Composed with SBS modified bitumen mastic (self-adhesive) with an upper surface finish of a non-woven geotextil (250 GSM) used as reinforcement and protection layer and a lower surface finish of siliconed release film. Product used for the waterproofing of underground walls.
|Reaction to fire||E||-||UNE-EN 11925-2; UNE-EN 13501-1|
|Longitudinal tensile strength||700 ± 200||N/5cm||UNE-EN 12311-1|
|Transversal tensile strength||450 ± 150||N/5cm||UNE-EN 12311-1|
|Longitudinal elongation at break||45 ± 15||%||UNE-EN 12311-1|
|Transversal elongation at break||45 ± 15||%||UNE-EN 12311-1|
|Resistance to root penetration||No Pasa||-||UNE-EN 13948|
|Resistance to static loading||>15||kg||UNE-EN 12730|
|Resistance to impact||900||mm||UNE-EN 12691|
|Longitudinal resistance to tearing (nail shank)||PND||N||UNE-EN 12310-1|
|Transversal resistance to tearing (nail shank)||PND||N||UNE-EN 12310-1|
|Joint strength: peel resistance ||PND||-||UNE-EN 12316-1|
|Joint strength: shear resistance||PND||-||UNE-EN 12317-1|
|Flexibility at low temperature||< -15||ºC||UNE-EN 1109|
|Humidity resistance factor||20000||-||UNE-EN 1931|
|Flexibility at low temperature (pliability) after aging||-5 ± 5||ºC||UNE-EN 1109|
|Flow resistance at elevated temperature after aging||100 ±10||ºC||UN-EN 1110|
Addtitional Technical Data
|ADDITIONAL DATA ||VALUE||UNIT||STANDARD|
|Flow resistance at elevated temperature||>100||ºC||UN-EN 1110|
|Dimensional stability at elevated temperature (longitudinal)||< 0,6||%||UNE-EN 1107-1|
|Dimensional stability at elevated temperature (transversal)||< 0,6||%||UNE-EN 1107-1|
|Adhesion of granules||PND||%||UNE-EN 12039|
Membranes thickness tolerance: = -0,3 mm, apart from membranes with thickness 2 and 2,4 mm whose tolerance is =-0,2 mm.
Membranes mass per unit area tolerance: -5% (mini) and +10% (maxi) from nominal value.
|Environmental Information||Declared Value||Units||Norm|
|Pre-consumer Recycled Content||0||%||-|
|Post-consumer Recycled Content||35||%||-|
|Manufacturing Location||Fontanar, Guadalajara (España)||-||-|
|Volatile organic compounds (VOCs)||50 (A+)*||µg/m3||ISO 16000-6:2006|
* A+ classification according to Decree No. 2011-321 of 23 March 2011 the Ministry French Ecology, Sustainable Development, Transportation and Housing
Standards and Certification
UNE EN 13707.
UNE EN 13969.
The Waterproofing membrane SELF DAN SP 2 is composed of bituminous base modified with SBS, therefore it is superior to other bitouminous membranes, providing better performances to high and low temperatures, elasticity and ageing properties.
SELF DAN SP 2 is widely used in waterproofing of Retaing walls in basements made from concrete and brick walls with plaster.
SELF DAN SP 2 is also widely used in the waterproofing of wooden surfaces due to its Selfadhesive properties, avoiding the application of blow-torch.
- Waterproofing membrane for Retaining walls and basement areas
|Rolls per pallet||28||rolls|
- self-adhesive SBS modified bitumen
- siliconed release film
Advantages and Benefits
- Controlled thickness in factory ensuring constant non-variable site application
- Certified Waterproof to water and vapor
- Easy and Fast Application
- Application at room temperature
- Prestige product from European Manufacturer following European and American Certifications
- Preserve its properties in long term due to SBS mass
-Bridge Cracking properties due to 500% coumpound elongation performance
- Total flexibility of the material, and perfect accommodation to the support
- Perfect adherence to the support
- Excelent mechanical properties due to Geotextile finishing
- Puncture resistance >1000N based on American Standard (ASTM E154)
- A selvedge is provided on one side of the membrane to give a bitumen to bitumen contact on the overlaps, thus restricting any water penetration through the laps
Instruction for use
- The support surface must be durable, uniform, smooth, be clean, free from grease, oil, dry and free from sharp projections such as nail heads, concrete nibs and loosely adhering particles.
- Substrate should be prepared using a primer at the recommended rate prior to installation of the waterproofing system.
- The membrane may be laid in conditions normal to waterproofing work and must not be laid in rain, snow or heavy fog, nor if the temperature falls below 10ºC, unless precautions against condensation have been taken.
- The waterproofing layer must always be installed with staggered overlaps and in such a manner that no counter-seams in the direction of the outlets are made.
- SELF DAN SP 2 is installed self-adhered.
- SELF DAN SP 2 provides a selvedge of 80 mm in the horizontal in order to give a bitumen to bitumen contact on the overlap.
In the end overlap, a double side selfadhesive tape of 180mm GLASDAN BIADHESIVE (15x0,18) should be applied on the support prior to the application of SELF DAN SP 2. Once applied GLASDAN BIADHESIVE (15x0,18), remove the top release film and stick the primary waterproofing membrane by overlapping 90 mm.
- In general, the installation of protection is done as soon as possible, in order to prevent possible punctures of the waterproofing membrane.
- The material will be gathered in such a way that the waterproofing is not punctured and using suitable protection.
Indications and Important Recommendations
- SELF DAN SP 2 should not be applied with temperature below +10º.
- Must be stored in a dry place protected from rain, sun, heat and cold temperatures.
- Sun exposure of the product may difficult the removal of the polyethylene non-stick film.
Maintenance requirements for Danosa Roofing Products
The following maintenance checks must be adhered to:
- A general examination on the condition of the waterproofing and surrounding roof components.
- An inspection of all functional roofing elements including skylights, outlets, upstands, penetrations and any other visible roofing components.
- Clean outlets, drains, gutters and remove any debris from the roof.
- Periodic removal of mildew, moss, herbs or any other kind of vegetation that has been accumulation on the waterproofing.
- Periodic removal of possible sediments accumulated on the deck (silt, sledges, slate granules, etc) by occasional water accumulation.
- Periodic removal of debris and small objects that may have accumulated on the roof.
- Ensure surrounding structural elements are sound such as eaves, flashings, slate tiles and brickwork.
- Ensure that the waterproofing is in good condition and there are no blisters, damage or separation.
- Review the condition of the waterproofing (adherence to upstands, condition of overlaps, visual appearance, etc) and repair the defects observed.
These operations must be carried out twice a year, preferably at the beginning of spring or autumn and must be increased in case of decks or valleys with zero falls. It is also necessary to perform additional maintenance depending on the type of roof, location and proximity of roofs to areas with trees or in areas with high levels of pollution.
More details on the document Maintenance and repair recommendations for flat roofs waterproofed with modified bitumen sheets
Handling, Storage and Conservation
- This product is neither toxic nor inflammable.
- Membranes should be stored carefully on clean dry level surfaces, under cover, protected from rain, sun, heat and cold temperatures and clear of the ground. The same protection should be given to materials temporarily kept outdoors or on the roof during construction.
- Membranes must be stored upright.
- Membranes should be taken to the roof as required for use.
- Membranes will be used on a FIFO basis (First In First Out).
- Do not stack one pallet on another pallet.
- In all cases, it must be taken into account Health and Safety standards at work, and the rules of good construction practice.
- Danosa recommends consulting the Safety Data Sheet of this product that is available permanently in www.danosa.com.
The information contained in this document and any other advice provided, are given in good faith, based on DANOSA's current knowledge and experience when products are properly stored, handled and applied, in normal situations and in accordance with the recommendations of DANOSA. The information applies only to the application (s) and the product (s) to which reference is expressly made. In case of changes in the parameters of the application, or in case of a different application, consult the DANOSA Technical Service before using the DANOSA products. The information contained herein does not exonerate the responsibility of the building agents to test the products for the application and intended use, as well as their correct application in accordance with current legal regulations. The product images used in our communications are indicative and may differ slightly in color and aesthetic appearance in relation to the final product.
Orders are accepted in accordance with the terms of our current General Sales Conditions.
DANOSA reserves the right to modify, without prior notice, the data reflected in this documentation.
Website: www.danosa.com E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: +34 949 88 82 10