SELF-DAN PE is a self-adhesive membrane manufactured with bituminous selected mastic modified with high performance SBS polymers, this will provide, easy application and great durability.
As a top layer it has a HDPE film, which will provide better mechanical resistance, puncture resistance (static and dynamic) and high elongation characteristics. At the bottom side it has a releasable film.
|External fire performance||PND||-||UNE-EN 1187;prUNE-EN 13501-5|
|Reaction to fire||F||-||UNE-EN 11925-2; UNE-EN 13501-1|
|Longitudinal tensile strength||200 ± 100||N/5cm||UNE-EN 12311-1|
|Transversal tensile strength||200 ± 100||N/5cm||UNE-EN 12311-1|
|Longitudinal elongation at break||45 ± 15||%||UNE-EN 12311-1|
|Transversal elongation at break||45 ± 15||%||UNE-EN 12311-1|
|Resistance to root penetration||No Pasa||-||EN 13984|
|Resistance to static loading||5||kg||UNE-EN 12730|
|Resistance to impact||400||mm||UNE-EN 12691|
|Longitudinal resistance to tearing (nail shank)||180 ± 50||N||UNE-EN 12310-1|
|Transversal resistance to tearing (nail shank)||180 ± 50||N||UNE-EN 12310-1|
|Joint strength: peel resistance ||PND||-||UNE-EN 12316-1|
|Joint strength: shear resistance||200 ± 100||-||UNE-EN 12317-1|
|Flexibility at low temperature||< -15||ºC||UNE-EN 1109|
|Humidity resistance factor||115000||-||EN 1931|
|Humidity flow density coefficient||2.56, Exp-9||Kg(m².s)||EN 1931|
Pasa = Positive or correct No pasa = Negative PND = No performance determined - = Not necessary
Addtitional Technical Data
|ADDITIONAL DATA ||VALUE||UNIT||STANDARD|
|Flow resistance at elevated temperature||>70||ºC||UN-EN 1110|
|Dimensional stability at elevated temperature (longitudinal)||< 2.5||%||UNE-EN 1107-1|
|Dimensional stability at elevated temperature (transversal)||< 2.5||%||UNE-EN 1107-1|
|Adhesion of granules||PND||%||UNE-EN 12039|
Membranes thickness tolerance: = -0,3 mm, apart from membranes with thickness 2 and 2,4 mm whose tolerance is =-0,2 mm.
Membranes mass per unit area tolerance: -5% (mini) and +10% (maxi) from nominal value.
|Environmental Information||Declared Value||Units||Norm|
|Pre-consumer Recycled Content||0||%||-|
|Post-consumer Recycled Content||35||%||-|
|Manufacturing Location||Fontanar, Guadalajara (España)||-||-|
|Volatile organic compounds (VOCs)||50 (A+)*||µg/m3||ISO 16000-6:2006|
|Radon diffusion coefficient||3.2, Exp -12||m²/s||ISO/DTS 11665-13 |
Standards & Certification
- UNE EN 13707.
- UNE EN 13969.
- Waterproofing of basement walls.
- Pitched roof underlay.
|Rolls per pallet||25||rolls|
- laminated polyethylene film (HDPE)
- self-adhesive SBS modified bitumen
- releasable polyethylene film
Advantages and Benefits
- Watertightness: Great resistance to hydrostatic head of water.
- Crack Bridging properties due to >45% compound elongation, this will allow to accommodate movements in the building structure.
- Excellent mechanical properties (tear strength and tensile strength) due to the polyethylene film (HDPE) finish.
- Excellent puncture and impact resistance due to the polyethylene film (HDPE) finishing.
- Elastic behavior (memory).
- Self-Healing properties, minor perforation will automatically heal.
- Application at room temperature (application > 10ºC).
- Easy and fast application, no torch is necessary.
- Easy to apply at complex geometries.
- Total flexibility of the material, and perfect accommodation to the support.
- Controlled thickness in factory ensuring constant error-free site application.
- Great productivity in the installation.
- Excellent adhesion to the support.
- Easy to repair in case of accidental damage.
- Preserve its properties in long term due to SBS compound.
- High durability of the waterproofing due to the SBS elastomer compound of the membrane.
- High chemical, oxidation and microbiological resistance.
- Prestige product from European Manufacturer following European and American Standards.
Instruction for use
- Concrete must be dry, clean and free from sharp projections such as nail heads and concrete nibs.
- Remove all surface imperfections, protrusions, cavities, structurally unsound and friable concrete and repair with a suitable repair mortar.
- Remove contaminants such as grease, oil, dust, dirt, loose stones, debris and wax from exposed concrete.
- Concrete must be properly dried (minimum 7 days for normal structural concrete and 14 days for lightweight structural concrete).
- Substrate should be prepared using a primer either IMPRIDAN 100, CURIDAN, MAXDAN or MAXDAN CAUCHO, at the recommended rate (approximately 0,200-0,300 kg/m2) prior to installation of SELF-DAN PE.
- Primer should be dry before the application of the membrane. Drying time depends of the temperature and humidity.
- Start the installation of all membrane plies from the low point or drains, so the flow of water is over or parallel to the plies, but never against the laps. All overlaps at the membrane seams shall be installed so as to have "up" slope laps over "down" slope laps.
- Begin membrane application by unrolling the roll of SELF-DAN PE membrane and aligning the side laps. Re-roll the roll halfway and hold on the unrolled portion to prevent shifting.
- Unroll only the required length of SELF-DAN PE, and cut the piece to the desired shape and size.
- Place the pieces of SELF-DAN PE on the area to be covered, and check whether they match with the profile of the marked substrate.
- Peel off the release film from the self-adhesive side and place the membrane so as to ensure a minimum overlap of 80 mm.
- Start unrolling the membrane and press it firmly against the surface, from the middle to the edges in order to drive out entrapped air with a wooden press.
- The surface to be overlapped should be dust free and the membrane must be firmly pressed down to ensure a watertight bond.
- In order to prevent damages, SELF-DAN PE must be protected by a protection layer as soon as possible.
Indications and Important Recommendations
- SELF-DAN PE must be stored in a dry place protected from rain, sun, heat and cold temperatures. - SELF-DAN PE should not be applied when temperature is below +10º.
- Sun exposure of the product may difficult the removal of the polyethylene non-stick film. In service, maximum temperature should be below 50ºC.
- SELF-DAN PE should be kept exposed to the sun for the minimum possible time in order to prevent from U.V. rays damage. It is recommended to cover SELF-DAN PE within few hours after application.
- Once installed, the product cannot be exposed to UV rays.
Maintenance requirements for Danosa Roofing Products
The following maintenance checks must be adhered to:
- A general examination on the condition of the waterproofing and surrounding roof components.
- An inspection of all functional roofing elements including skylights, outlets, upstands, penetrations and any other visible roofing components.
- Clean outlets, drains, gutters and remove any debris from the roof.
- Periodic removal of mildew, moss, herbs or any other kind of vegetation that has been accumulation on the waterproofing.
- Periodic removal of possible sediments accumulated on the deck (silt, sledges, slate granules, etc) by occasional water accumulation.
- Periodic removal of debris and small objects that may have accumulated on the roof.
- Ensure surrounding structural elements are sound such as eaves, flashings, slate tiles and brickwork.
- Ensure that the waterproofing is in good condition and there are no blisters, damage or separation.
- Review the condition of the waterproofing (adherence to upstands, condition of overlaps, visual appearance, etc) and repair the defects observed.
These operations must be carried out twice a year, preferably at the beginning of spring or autumn and must be increased in case of decks or valleys with zero falls. It is also necessary to perform additional maintenance depending on the type of roof, location and proximity of roofs to areas with trees or in areas with high levels of pollution.
More details on the document Maintenance and repair recommendations for flat roofs waterproofed with modified bitumen sheets
Handling, Storage and Conservation
- This product is not toxic or flammable.
- It must be stored dry and protected from rain, sun, heat and low temperatures.
- It must be stored upright.
- Don’t store two pallets high.
- You must use the oldest batch of products first.
- No waterproofing works should be performed when weather conditions may be unsuitable. These include snow or ice on the roof, heavy rain, moisture, when there are strong winds.
- In all cases, the rules of health and safety at work and the rules of good construction practice should be considered.
- To store in racking at height the shelves must have three stringers or beams under the wooden pallet.
- Before handling the pallet you must check the status of the pallet and reinforce if necessary.
- If you are using a crane for handling purposes, you must ensure protection for others as stated on our packaging.
- Danosa advise you to consult the MSDS for this product which is available at www.danosa.com or may be obtained by writing to our Technical Department.
The information contained in this document and any other advice provided, are given in good faith, based on DANOSA's current knowledge and experience when products are properly stored, handled and applied, in normal situations and in accordance with the recommendations of DANOSA. The information applies only to the application (s) and the product (s) to which reference is expressly made. In case of changes in the parameters of the application, or in case of a different application, consult the DANOSA Technical Service before using the DANOSA products. The information contained herein does not exonerate the responsibility of the building agents to test the products for the application and intended use, as well as their correct application in accordance with current legal regulations. The product images used in our communications are indicative and may differ slightly in color and aesthetic appearance in relation to the final product.
Orders are accepted in accordance with the terms of our current General Sales Conditions.
DANOSA reserves the right to modify, without prior notice, the data reflected in this documentation.
Website: www.danosa.com E-mail: email@example.com Telephone: +34 949 88 82 10