POLYDAN 48 P PARKING is a bituminous waterproofing sheet of 4,8 kg/m², LBM (SBS)-48-FP type.
Composed of a non-woven great heavyweight polyester felt reinforcement and covered on both sides with SBS modified bitumen mastic. Membrane with an upper surface geotextile finished and a lower surface in polyethylene film.
Tested according to standard EN test methods.
|External fire performance||PND||-||UNE-EN 1187; UNE-EN 13501-5|
|Reaction to fire||E||-||UNE-EN 11925-2; UNE-EN 13501-1|
|Longitudinal tensile strength||1000 ± 250||N/5cm||UNE-EN 12311-1|
|Transversal tensile strength||800 ± 250||N/5cm||UNE-EN 12311-1|
|Longitudinal elongation at break||45 ±15||%||UNE-EN 12311-1|
|Transversal elongation at break||45 ±15||%||UNE-EN 12311-1|
|Resistance to root penetration||No Pasa||-||UNE-EN 13948|
|Resistance to static loading||>25||kg||UNE-EN 12730|
|Resistance to impact||>2000||mm||UNE-EN 12691|
|Longitudinal resistance to tearing (nail shank)||500 ± 100||N||UNE-EN 12310-1|
|Transversal resistance to tearing (nail shank)||500 ± 100||N||UNE-EN 12310-1|
|Joint strength: peel resistance ||PND||-||UNE-EN 12316-1|
|Joint strength: shear resistance||650 ± 250||-||UNE-EN 12317-1|
|Flexibility at low temperature||< -15||ºC||UNE-EN 1109|
|Humidity resistance factor||20.000||-||UNE-EN 1931|
|Flexibility at low temperature (pliability) after aging||-5 ± 5||ºC||UNE-EN 1109|
|Flow resistance at elevated temperature after aging||100 ±10||ºC||UN-EN 1110|
Pasa = Positive or correct No pasa = Negative PND = No performance determined - = Not necessary
Addtitional Technical Data
|ADDITIONAL DATA ||VALUE||UNIT||STANDARD|
|Mass per unit area (nominal)||4.3||kg/m²||-|
|Flow resistance at elevated temperature||>100||ºC||UN-EN 1110|
|Dimensional stability at elevated temperature (longitudinal)||< 0.5||%||UNE-EN 1107-1|
|Dimensional stability at elevated temperature (transversal)||< 0.5||%||UNE-EN 1107-1|
|Adhesion of granules||PND||%||UNE-EN 12039|
Membranes thickness tolerance: = -0,3 mm, apart from membranes with thickness 2 and 2,4 mm whose tolerance is =-0,2 mm.
Membranes mass per unit area tolerance: -5% (mini) and +10% (maxi) from nominal value.
|Environmental Information||Declared Value||Units||Norm|
|Pre-consumer Recycled Content||0||%||-|
|Post-consumer Recycled Content||35||%||-|
|Manufacturing Location||Fontanar, Guadalajara (España)||-||-|
|Volatile organic compounds (VOCs)||50 (A+)*||µg/m3||ISO 16000-6:2006|
* A+ classification according to Decree No. 2011-321 of 23 March 2011 the Ministry French Ecology, Sustainable Development, Transportation and Housing
Standards and Certification
UNE EN 13707 standard.
UNE EN 13969 standard.
UNE EN 14695 standard.
POLYDAN 48 P PARKING is a bituminous membrane for use as a top layer or single layer in accessible roofs for pedestrian traffic (public or private), accessible roof for vehicular traffic, for bridges and for structures with vehicle traffic.
|Rolls per pallet||23||rolls|
- SBS modified bitumen
- non-woven polyester felt
- polyethylene film
Instruction for use
- Deck surfaces must be dry, clean and free from sharp projections such as nail heads and concrete nibs.
- When bonding the substrate should be prepared using a primer either Impridan 100, CURIDAN, MAXDAN or MAXDAN CAUCHO at the recommended rate prior to installation of the waterproofing system.
- The membrane may be laid in conditions normal to roofing work and must not be laid in rain, snow or heavy fog, nor if the temperature falls below 5ºC, unless precautions against condensation have been taken.
- The roofing layers must always be installed with staggered overlaps and in such a manner that no counter-seams in the direction of the outlets are made.
- The first layer of the waterproofing system (if necessary) is installed either fully bonded or partially bonded.
- Fully bonded torch-applied membranes should only be used with non-combustible substrates and with surfaces designed to enable the torch application of subsequent layers.
- When partially bonded either a layer of GLASDAN 800 P PERFORADO or other suitable venting layer is loose-laid across the substrate edge to edge before applying the first layer.
- The POLYDAN 48 P PARKING is laid over the first layer (if necessary) or over the venting layer in the same direction, and fully bonded. The top layer is installed with side laps a minimum of 80 mm and end laps 100 mm wide.
- Laps between the membrane and any base sheets should be offset by a minimum of 300 mm.
- Bonding is achieved by melting the lower surface by torching and pressing the membrane down. Care must be taken not to overheat the membrane.
- In general, the installation of the rolling layer on-site is done as soon as possible, in order to prevent possible punctures of the waterproofing membrane.
- The material will be gathered in such a way that the waterproofing is not punctured and using suitable protection.
Before the placement of the rolling layer, special care will be taken not to work and/or travel on top of the waterproofing, in order to prevent possible mechanical damage to the waterproofing membrane. Otherwise suitable protection must be used (mortar layers, anti-puncture geotextile sheets, etc.).
- If the pavement is asphalt, the following precautions must be adopted:
* The spreader used will be on wheels and in the case of crawlers the tracks will be rubber.
+ The travelling speed of the spreader on top of the waterproofing will be less than 10 km/h, breaking and brusque acceleration will be avoided to prevent damage to the waterproofing. Turns while stopped will be avoided and turns must have a large radius.
* The compacter will move behind the spreader and will always travel over the asphalt layer.
Indications and Important Recommendations
- The design of the roof should be considered in relation to its compatibility with the building or structure as a whole, and account taken of the significance of materials which may be included for other reasons.
- The roof or structure covering, including joints, parapets, abutments, gutters and outlets, should remain weathertight under the external action of rain, snow, ice, dead and imposed loads, wind loads, solar and night radiation, and the internal environment of the building.
- Falls should be provided to enable the roof to drain towards outlets, gulleys or gutters of sufficient capacity. Gutters and roof drainage should be designed appropriately.
- As failures in flat roofs and structures are often caused by the harmful effects of moisture which is trapped during construction, it is essential that great care be taken to minimize such risks. Trapped water may be the result of the use of wet materials, water from in-situ concrete and wet screeds, or rain on unprotected construction.
- Be careful about damage from the limited foot traffic associated with installation and maintenance operations. Reasonable care should be taken to avoid sharp objects or concentrated loads. Where regular traffic is envisaged, ie maintenance of lift equipment, a walkway should be provided.
- On completion of the roof, the non-mineral finished membranes should have a surface finish applied.
- In the event of damage the membrane must be repaired as soon as possible with a patch of the membrane torch-bonded over the damaged area.
- The roof or structure should be subjected to regular annual inspections and drains kept clear as is good practice with all roofing membranes.
- Differential movement between the waterproofing membrane and the substrate, or any overlaid insulation in inverted roofs, or other material should be taken into account in design. If necessary, movement joints should be made in the waterproofing membrane.
Maintenance requirements for Danosa Roofing Products
The following maintenance checks must be adhered to:
- A general examination on the condition of the waterproofing and surrounding roof components.
- An inspection of all functional roofing elements including skylights, outlets, upstands, penetrations and any other visible roofing components.
- Clean outlets, drains, gutters and remove any debris from the roof.
- Periodic removal of mildew, moss, herbs or any other kind of vegetation that has been accumulation on the waterproofing.
- Periodic removal of possible sediments accumulated on the deck (silt, sledges, slate granules, etc) by occasional water accumulation.
- Periodic removal of debris and small objects that may have accumulated on the roof.
- Ensure surrounding structural elements are sound such as eaves, flashings, slate tiles and brickwork.
- Ensure that the waterproofing is in good condition and there are no blisters, damage or separation.
- Review the condition of the waterproofing (adherence to upstands, condition of overlaps, visual appearance, etc) and repair the defects observed.
These operations must be carried out twice a year, preferably at the beginning of spring or autumn and must be increased in case of decks or valleys with zero falls. It is also necessary to perform additional maintenance depending on the type of roof, location and proximity of roofs to areas with trees or in areas with high levels of pollution.
More details on the document Maintenance and repair recommendations for flat roofs waterproofed with modified bitumen sheets
Handling, Storage and Conservation
- This product is neither toxic nor inflammable.
- Membranes should be stored carefully on clean dry level surfaces, under cover, protected from rain, sun, heat and cold temperatures and clear of the ground. The same protection should be given to materials temporarily kept outdoors or on the roof during construction.
- Membranes must be stored upright.
- Membranes should be taken to the roof as required for use.
- Membranes will be used on a FIFO basis (First In First Out).
- Do not stack one pallet on another pallet.
- In all cases, it must be taken into account Health and Safety standards at work, and the rules of good construction practice.
- Danosa recommends consulting the Safety Data Sheet of this product that is available permanently in www.danosa.com.
- This product is not toxic or flammable.
- It must be stored dry and protected from rain, sun, heat and low temperatures.
- It must be stored upright.
- Don’t store two pallets high.
- You must use the oldest batch of products first.
- No waterproofing works should be performed when weather conditions may be unsuitable. These include snow or ice on the roof, heavy rain, moisture, when there are strong winds.
- In all cases, the rules of health and safety at work and the rules of good construction practice should be considered.
- To store in racking at height the shelves must have three stringers or beams under the wooden pallet.
- Before handling the pallet you must check the status of the pallet and reinforce if necessary.
- If you are using a crane for handling purposes, you must ensure protection for others as stated on our packaging.
- Danosa advise you to consult the MSDS for this product which is available at www.danosa.com or may be obtained by writing to our Technical Department.
The information contained in this document and any other advice provided, are given in good faith, based on DANOSA's current knowledge and experience when products are properly stored, handled and applied, in normal situations and in accordance with the recommendations of DANOSA. The information applies only to the application (s) and the product (s) to which reference is expressly made. In case of changes in the parameters of the application, or in case of a different application, consult the DANOSA Technical Service before using the DANOSA products. The information contained herein does not exonerate the responsibility of the building agents to test the products for the application and intended use, as well as their correct application in accordance with current legal regulations. The product images used in our communications are indicative and may differ slightly in color and aesthetic appearance in relation to the final product.
Orders are accepted in accordance with the terms of our current General Sales Conditions.
DANOSA reserves the right to modify, without prior notice, the data reflected in this documentation.
Website: www.danosa.com E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: +34 949 88 82 10